skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

University Health Services supports student physical and mental health to promote a successful academic experience at Texas A&M University. Information regarding frequently asked questions may be accessed below. Please call 979.458.4584 for additional support.

Visit Immunizations for a complete list of required immunizations.
If a University Health Services clinician recommends a patient visit a specialty provider, a referral can be generated. In addition, University Health Services will work to accommodate the urgency of the referral and the patient’s insurance status. Contact Patient Services at (979) 458-8310 for additional information.
If there is a medical emergency with a student, parents are usually notified by the TAMU Critical Incidence Response Team (CIRT) team.  Please visit the CIRT Critical Incidence Response Team website for more information.

The preferred method is to have charges transferred to the student account and paid via the Howdy Portal. If a student has questions on using a Health Savings Account (HSA), please contact Patient Services at (979) 458-8310.

Patient Services is available to assist students and parents with questions about charge inquiries. As a reminder, a student’s medical information, including billing, is confidential and a release may be necessary for University Health Services to discuss specific information.

Students can receive a copy of their medical records by completing the Medical Records Release form. Please note that a processing fee may apply.

The university views class attendance as an individual student responsibility. Students who are requesting an excused absence are expected to uphold the Aggie Honor Code and Student Conduct Code (See Rule 24). University Health Services medical clinicians follow Texas A&M University Student Rule 7, “Attendance,” regarding medically indicated absences from class. Students may receive a confirmation of their visit after an appointment with one of the University Health Services clinicians. Granting an excused absence falls within the purview of, and at the sole discretion of, the faculty.

University Health Services does not provide documentation to students that will support obtaining an Emotional Support Animal. While an animal may be able to provide comfort to students, it is not within our training or practice to provide documentation supporting the presence of a disability that substantially limits an area of major functioning to an extent that requires the presence of an animal.

In addition, University Health Services does not provide referrals for these types of documentation. University Health Services is unable to endorse an approach for making such recommendations, making it unethical to recommend any specific provider or course of action to secure such documentation.